Monday, July 22, 2013

Sisters! It has been...

 
 
AMAZING! This is my first year, I got lucky through a scholarship, and had no idea what to expect. I am, proud, happy, excited, and so motivated by this Summer School for us as women in leadership roles.
My first day and everyday has been great because everyone here staff and other sisters are so welcoming, helpful and motivational. I have had great opportunities to speak with other people.
 
Let me just mention I am 24, amoung older strong women, and they have really tried to mentor and impower me every moment I have been here. Trying to gather younger people is tough but its possible and I stand here representaing various things but mostl importantly trying to get that next wave going!
 Everyone here understand the importance of trying to get more younger people involved.
 
With that said, I wish and hope I am able to make it back here in the near future and every time like some sisters who have attended almost every summer school class. I want to take in everything, to bring back and impower others!
 I am being informed and we are sharing amoungst ourselves experiences facts and power. I really want to walk away with everyones information to keep intouch.
 
So any sisters who did not make it this year and have attended, please also send me your info and a small brief intro of who, what you do, and where. I want to really unify us to become stronger!
 
 I am not part of a union I am part of an organization. If we stick and grow we become powerful in times where right now we are under so much attack and being divided.
This is a crucial time for us!
 My organization is called ROC-NY, Restaurant Opportunities Center of New York.
I want to be in the know abourt every issue wather it correlates or not, the point is to stand together and support our issues that matter in our communities and country.

No comments:

Post a Comment