Monday, July 22, 2013

New Tricks


Well, I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks! Here I am, months from retirement, learning a new skill that I hope will keep me engaged into the next decade. This is my third UALE Summer School. I am always amazed at all the new information and friendships I come away with each time. What I really appreciate is the ability of the staff and participants to re-kindle the passion and fire one needs to continue the effort to equality and fairness in the work place. Unfortunately this year I was only able to attend for one workshop, Taking Action, which is where I am learning to blog! Look for me on Labor History night, because with 27 years as a union Pipefitter I am feeling pretty historic!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Peg! It is my first Summer School and I see what you mean. A brilliant team featuring really inspiring labor women! Thanks to KC Wagner and the Berger Marks Foundation for making it possible for me to attend and participate in this program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the family! You will want to return year after year!

      Delete