Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Excelsior!

I have an idea for another post brewing but it’s not quite there yet.   My poor sleep deprived and over-stuffed brain is still catching up and digesting all the great information and ideas we have been discussing this week, particularly one item that was repeated several times today.  It started in Leadership Skills but no matter which class or workshop I was in or who I was speaking with the theme kept popping up:   “Why did you become involved in your union?”
 
Everyone I spoke with talked about feeling frustrated, discouraged, or disappointed with their union in some respect and that’s what got us involved.  We found our voices by not taking “no”, or “I don’t know”  for an answer. When we discovered nothing was going to be handed to us, we reached out to help ourselves.

 It’s a wonderful thing to realize our own power to make something happen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment