Monday, July 22, 2013

Saga of Sight!

Hey There Sisters,

Perhaps my brain is just too addled this week, or maybe I've been cursed by a Glasses witch who is working for a lasik surgeoon!!  But I started out on Saturday by stepping on my glasses and bending the frames to the point that when I put them on, I looked kind of like a Picasso subject.  Then all during Sunday, I and several of my pals tried to bend the wire frame back so that I could use all three of my lense areas (they are trifocals).  Finally one side of the frame (the stem that goes over your ear) had a clean break.  Luckily, I had a pair of sunglasses to wear so that I could at least see. I was handicapped when it was dark, however, and the glasses are really meant to be used outdoors.  They are too dark for indoors.

On Sunday, I ventured down to the Ithaca Mall and found a Sterling optical store.  The young woman was so kind. She said they couldn't be fixed, but she did straighten the glasses.  I asked if it was possible to find a pair of frames that the lenses would fit into.  No such luck. We examined every pair and we came close - but no such luck.  She kindly taped them up for me so I could see.

Now it is Monday.  The tape didn't hold so I went to the shop on the first floor of the Purcell center to buy some tape.  They don't sell it, but the very nice gentleman manning the store, went to his First Aid kit in the back and brought out some medical tape and helped me to re-tape my glasses.  What a nice thing to do!  Now I can see, even though I look like part of the cast of "Revenge of the Nerds."

So today, dear sisters, if anyone finds the sunglasses tthat I lost yesterday, please tell me.  They apparently fell out of my bag sometime last night.  Black and orange in a black case.  Help me break this spell !

No comments:

Post a Comment