Tuesday, July 19, 2011

With gratitude and much appreciation!

This 36th Annual UALE NE Regional Summer School for Union Women has been, by far, the most interestingly enlightening, and refreshing courses I've been involved in, in a very long time.

I'd like to thank Elise Bryant, a sister I never had the pleasure of meeting, yet, it is thru her that I learned about this course/school.  She sent me an email about Women Fired Up for Change!  And, here I am, a first-timer, and plan to be a lifer/alumni of UALE.

Thank you Sister Elise Bryant.  Thank you for, "Umbuntu."

Thank you to all the staff, educators, administrators for all your patience, encouragement, and support.

I would like to thank Sarah Brodsky, and the one hundred forty- five people who perished in the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire.  You've unknowingly, & unintentionally, given the ultimate sacrifice, which was your lives, which  has effected changes in so many laws, and working conditions, that you will never know of.  Your sacrifices were not in vain.  Again, thank you. 
Thank God for you.

Respectfully submitted,

Sister Y

No comments:

Post a Comment