Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fun Night

Just got back from fun night and it was fun! I am envious of the sisters who can sing and dance and I loved sister Claudia's joke! I can remember it easily and it will get a laugh from my friends. The poetry a sister read was touching...the poem could have been written by my mom when she sent me out in the world. the big question is is she still with Freddy??? Somehow I think not. The Harriet Tubman poem was great too.

Again the idea of sisters and solidarity was brought up...I think of my work place and of the solidarity there. Is it genuine in my department, in my building? Hmmm....I guess I can improve with one sister.

The MC was great! She will be an excellent labor school teacher but United is losing a great flight attendant!!!

The evening ended with a great song by Robin and some dances....again, I watched instead of participated. Since I have no innate talents, I am a patron of the arts!

1 comment:

  1. Kim my sister from another mother was working the mic tonight and had us all in stitches. Sister Adrienne brilliantly re-working one of my favorite Ella songs into a union anthem... the talent just kept rolling out. Shout out to Linda for making me dance! What a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete