Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thank you for allowing me to be the 2011 Blogger for Summer School

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my union, Communication Workers of American Local 1180 for giving me another opportunity to attend summer school and foremost I would like to thank the leaders of UALE Northeast Regional Summer School for Union Women and Rutgers University for there hospitality and can't forget the food that we received from the cafeteria. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

The knowledge that I received this week I will be sure to pass it on to my sisters at my workplace as well as my daughter, nieces, community and other women throughout the borough of Queens.
 
I've dedicated my life to so many civic organizations with the best interest in my community at heart.  I presently serve as the Assistant Clerk and Scholarship President for First Baptist Church in East Elmhurst Queens.  I am the president of the National Council of Negro Women Life Members Guild, president of  Sherwood Village Tenants Association, vice president of the Democratic Club of the 21st Century, Delegate for the 11th Judicial Convention of Queens County, treasurer of the Ericsson Street Block Association of 27th & 29th Avenues, a member of the N.A.A.C.P., Queens Community Board No. 4 as the Executive Secretary and Chairperson of the Health Committee, Fredrick Douglas Democratic Club, Corona East Elmhurst Civic Association, member of the 110th Precinct Council, the National Children Study Advisory Board, the Elmhurst Hospital Center’s Co-chairperson of the Joint Labor Management Committee and the Sports and Recreation Committee, she is also the Senior Shop Stewart for CWA Local 1180 union. 

I received numerous awards from various civic organizations and elected officials. National Council of Negro Women Inc. / Empress Life Members Guild award and to name a few, N.A.A.C.P. Community Activist Award, Women of the Year Award from former Senator John D. Sabini, Key Women of America Community Service Award and Increase the Peace Award from Former Mayor David N. Dinkins.

I Will Never Let A Sister Walk Alone...

Priscilla Carrow
Coordinating Manager-B
Elmhurst Hospital Center/Material Management
Senior Shop Steward for CWA Local 1180

No comments:

Post a Comment