Tuesday, July 28, 2015

What I took home from last year's Summer School...


It may not look like much - it's just a piece of colored glass - but I've been carrying it around with me ever since I received it at my Leadership Skills Workshop on the last day of the 2014 Summer School at Queens College. It was given as a token to represent the love, support and strength we receive from our sisters while at Summer School that we carry with us back to our jobs, our unions, our lives. I often find my hands on it when I'm digging through my bag looking for one thing or another and I'm transported back to that place, that space, all the amazing women I met and everything I learned. I'm so fortunate that I've been able to return to Summer School this year with my little piece of glass for I know I'll be bringing so much more home with me.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful way to carry our sisterhood around with you all year.

    ReplyDelete