Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Thank You Anniversary Celebration Photo Contributors!

As part of the preparation for our 40th Anniversary Celebration, I gathered photos, brochures, newsletters, t-shirts, and all kinds of memorabilia from Summer School coordinators and instructors. I now have a car trunk and living room full of Summer School memories. Some will go back to their owners, and some will go back to my basement. Hopefully we can find an archival home for many of these artifacts, because although I have a cool basement, it will not be there forever. I will also be uploading the photos in the slide presentation to a home on the Internet. I will let you know when that happens.

In the meantime, here is a huge thank you to the women who contributed their memories to our celebration:

Rochelle Semel, who sent me her personal scrapbook with photos going back to 1981, and her framed photo of Barbara Wertheimer for We Were There.

Susan Tindall for searching and sending early photos, newsletters, brochures and working out with me the people in and years of some of the undated group photos. And for helping me figure out the time line of places and coordinators.

Aliqae Geraci for searching through the Kheel Center, Cornell ILR archives in search of material on the first NE summer schools and on Barbara Wertheimer. She could not find any photos, alas, but she did find a student's report on the first school, which I will blog about later.

Dale Melcher for finding and bringing the 10th Anniversary Banner, the largest handmade banner I have ever seen in my life. And for the toga photos.

Cathy Scott for bringing the colorful early years t-shirts, some of which I had never seen before.

Bev Grant for her excellent candids of students and instructors. And for the work on including Barbara Wertheimer in We Were There.

Johanna Morales, who gave me her summer school photo album before leaving Cornell ILR.

And, here are a few more images:
-------
Planning Meeting at Cornell ILR, Susan Tindall, Frieda Rozen, May Chen. date?

Bev Grant and visiting labor singer, Anne Feeney.

The Summer School Chorus--K.C. Wagner, student, student (in back), Susan Tindall, Adrienne Taylor, Guille Mejias. Penn State, 1995. 

No comments:

Post a Comment