Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fun Night and Thoughts During a Longer Lunch

I have to say that I was initially a bit suspicious about Fun Night; however, I found myself laughing harder than I had in weeks, and really feeling the cumulative effects of the smorgasborg of mind food we've had since Saturday coupled with the social release of getting a little loose (and dropping it-SNAP said Sister Kim).

I was shocked at my Probation Officer suitemates singing Sister Sledge with their morning class sisters. 

Today's rambling thoughts are about getting my union sisters from NYSNA, both staff and members to come back to Summer School with me next year. And about adding a body and spirit dimension to the Summer School agenda--you know, maybe some Yoga, maybe the ability to worship or meditate on Sunday, some time in nature or quiet time.  We, women, take care of everyone, our kids, husbands/wives/partners, members, parents, you name it, we take care of it.  In addition to feeding our minds, we need to take care of our bodies and spirits--

So, let's add in some wellness time together the next time we occupy. :) Yeah?        

No comments:

Post a Comment