Saturday, August 2, 2014

Reflections on 2014 Summer School: 1 Day passed

          It is the second day after the end of summer school that now, seems like a distant past.  Despite the gloomy weather, as the rain hits my bedroom window, I wake to a visual of masses of people holding hands, doing the wave, swaying and singing:  "Solidarity Forever.  Our Unions Make Us Strong."




"I am a Human. 
I am a Female.
I am a Worker. 
I Have Rights."

Lourdes Ashley Hunter

      
 
      

    With the elections nearing, it is up to me to intelligently cast all my votes; to Question and Hold All Transparent and Accountable, "How Will You Affect Hard Working Human Life?"  For if I don't, We may lose all our existing rights.

          I miss my summer school sisters, but as I hear the rain trickle on my bedroom window, I get excited and look forward to hearing how my sisters will creatively reign.  

Bev on the guitar, as we sing, 
"Solidarity Forever. HIStory shows Our Unions make us strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment