Thursday, July 31, 2014

Working with the many, we are just PERFECT!: Quotes from the Rose Schneiderman Leadership Class

Rose Schneiderman Leadership Class

Quotes:
"Only you can be the change you want to see in our union."

"My address is like my echoes. It travels with me. I abide where there is a fight against wrong."-Mother Jones

I always wondered why SOMEBODY didn't do something about that then I realized I AM SOMEBODY!!!

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

Every thunderstorm begins with a single raindrop.

"Nothing about us, without us!"

"...and then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me."-Martin Miemoller

In the environment of your union, your responsibility is to recognize members in your family of workers who are powerless and powerful and to act accordingly.-Shelley Martin

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."-John Quincy Adams

"We must speak up and speak out. Silence is not acceptable in today's Labor Movement."-Shellye Davis


"Our movement is of the working people, for the working people, by the working people. There is not a right too long denied to which we do not aspire in order to achieve; there is not a wrong too long to endure that we are not determined to abolish."-Samuel Gompers (Rosario Cabrera)

"Big dogs don't have to bark. I am not a get along for the go along girl."-Jackie Elliot

"Concluding from a distance is dangerous."-Gmasnoh J. Williams-Gerring 

"There is no tomorrow."-Barbara Hafner

"I may have problems, but my problems don't have me."-Michelle Kellering 

"Working-by myself I know, I am good. Working with the many, I know we are just perfect!"-Michelle Kellering

No comments:

Post a Comment