Sunday, July 23, 2017


Summer School 2017 Begins


NE Women's Summer School 2017 is off to an enthusiastic start. As a first time participant, I am greatly inspired by those I have met in the past 24 hours. We are  over 120 women from all over the Northeast representing a wide variety of unions and worker's organizations in both the private and public sector.
I have to admit, the first full day was exhausting yet at the same time exhilarating. It was incredibly rewarding to share ideas, thoughts, questions and insights with not only fellow unionists, but women. I could feel an immediate connection with so many of the women that I met as we have all shared many similar experiences. I look forward to the next three days. There are challenging times ahead for the labor movement in this country and there will be tough battles to fight. Being here with so many strong union sisters gives me hope and resolve to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment